Thursday, July 5, 2007

Better but still want to move on

I'm still thinking of looking for another job opportunity. It has been a hellish year, the workplace is changing with new management and people. But at the end of the day, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yesterday actually marked my 1st year anniversary at my workplace. If anything, I'm still quite burned out from everything that I had to deal with at work. Ideally, I hope to get another job and have a whole month (or two) break before I start it. I think I really need that time to fully rejuvenate from all the stress that I had to go through all this time. I need some more time to de-stress and refigure out some things in my life. I get so tired from work sometimes that I don't even have the energy to comtemplate on anything. Its officially been 2 years since I"ve gotten out of school and I definitely learned a whole lot during that time. I still think its time for me to move on though in terms of my career, I just hope and pray that God will lead me there.

Moving out
Before I got my car, i actually considered several options for my independence. I was actually really excited about possibly moving out. People say that its better to have a roommate and such but to be brutally honest, I'm really picky about who I live with. And even during my search, I haven't really found anyone whom I feel is suitable and comfortable to live with. I could foresee all the drama with the person even before I even lived with them :D I'm an extremely private person when it comes to my living style. I don't like it when people bring others over, it feels like they are invading my space. I wouldn't say I'm a private person I guess, more like someone who really needs my space, lots of space. I might be even a little selfish because I don't think I'd mind if I bring people over but in the little corner of my mind, I had a feeling that ppl will take advantage and veg at my place whenever they're around. I really don't want to deal with that.

After searching and failing to find a suitable apartment/condo and looking at the range of places and the cost. It was way too much for me to move out. Rent is way expensive (unless you want to settle for a ghetto apartment) but that's not counting the transportation and living expenses. That would've taken a dent in my wallet. Plus, there was no way that I was going to get a mortgage. That's too much burden to carry at this stage of my life. So at the end, I had to make the better yet still difficult choice of putting my investment in a car. My 'rents are still a little protective of my new car still, they keep getting paranoid about it. I mean, I see where they're coming from but sometimes, I think they just over worry about it (what else is new). After purchasing it, I havn't regret it one bit despite what everyone says or thinks. Its been pretty great actually, to be more independent to a certain extent, not having to get into fights about using the car. I'm now able to go to places without having to worry about rides. Its quite a great relief. It wasn't easy but I thank God for it.

That's it for now. On an unrelated note: I really hate womanizers.

No comments: