Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Summer Conference and other updates

Came back from Summer Conference over the weekend. This time around, I finally lent my voice for the Singspiration team. I haven't done singspiration in such a long time. And if you really know me, you'd know how much I love singing and music in general. Growing up, music was an important part of me, it was a little world where I can express my inmost feelings through song. Music was there through the upbeat, gloomy and completative times. What can I say? Music is good rain or shine and it kept my adrenaline going during those late study nights.

Leading singspiration was actually a lot more challenging than I initially thought. I mean, Its been such a long time. I was so determined to get the songs right but there are always issues that I cannot foresee. I would say, I was the most inexperienced one and let me tell ya, that wasn't easy to begin with. I felt like the rest of my bandmates was speaking another language sometimes, and I had to try hard to keep up with them. But I'm happy to say that I've become more of a patient person so I kind of had this "bite me" attitude where I'll just take in whatever comes and learn as much as I could. The important thing is to listen to the things you can learn from and let the unnecessary talk pass. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't but by God's Grace, He kept me alive. I was kind of determined, so I wasn't about to give up.

What I did learn from these past few years was to analyze what my gifts are and to use all of my energy to serve God with it. Learning what God made you for and living it out is really an amazing and satisfying experience. I learned first hand of how its like to work for God in an area he wants you to work in. It can tire you but its not the same tiredness as you would feel after work when you want to crash. Its the type of tiredness that energizes you with the excitement to keep on going, not knowing where God will take you. I wish I can always be that focused and see that clearly all the time. I really miss that.

New Wheels
So I finally got my first car. It seems so surreal to me still. When I was driving it home from the dealership, I had total mixed feelings. It was a blend of excitement and exhaustion. Who knew buying a car was such hard work! The process of getting one was exhausting. As tough as it was, my dad did step in to help me get a good deal. He was absolutely against it at first (as always) but I wasn't about to give up. There were so many details and paper work involved in purchasing a car. If you are not careful, you can end up paying more than you ought to. I still wouldn't say I"m completely free right now. As long as I'm home, my 'rents still has a leash on me. But throughout this rough year, I did learn that having my 'rents around is supposedly not so bad. I'm still waiting for the day that I'm completely free though.....free to make my own decisions, free from their constant nagging and criticism. AAAhhhh......that's the life.

No comments: